Sunday, December 16, 2012

Food for thought

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/gun-control-is-evil-misspelled/

I've not posted anything on the tragedy that unfolded in America yesterday.  Mainly because it was a tragedy.  One mad / sick / insane whatever-label-you-want-to-use "person" took the lives of many innocent children and adults.

I don't believe that there is any easy answers here - any easy ways to stop tragedies like this happening in the future.  However, I've posted the link above because I think it echos many of my thoughts much more articulate than I could have done.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who were involved in this tragedy.

Be kind to those you encounter you never know the future.

h/t FarmDad

5 comments:

Suldog said...

We, as a country, will be rushing headlong to the seemingly easy solution, as always. It's a much deeper problem than guns, but we don't do critical thinking here...

Old NFO said...

Well said. Thanks.

Julie said...

Suldog - very true. But I think it's more a case that .govs feel that they need to be "seen to be doing something" - and that "something" is generally more aimed at publicity than solutions.

Thanks Jim.

Home on the Range said...

Julie, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I hope you and your family have a safe and Blessed Christmas season.

Anti Money Laundering said...

It's hard to fathom what had happened with those innocent children, and we really cannot tell why people do such things. My thoughts and prayers for the bereaved families. Be safe everyone.