Thursday, June 9, 2011

There are reasons I enjoy my job ....

I'm on a very busy project at the moment. This involves working a couple of 10 hour days (and more over the next couple of weeks) and I've "given up" my Friday's off for the time being. (I'm only supposed to work 4 days a week).

However, I've spoken to my boss about still having a couple of hours on the fourth Wednesday of the month off to go help run the shoot at the gun club.

Well guess what? We've got a deadline on the 21st and one on the 23rd. Today I discover that the Consultants who are coordinating (running) the project are coming over on the 22nd for a meeting.

The 22nd is the FOURTH WEDNESDAY :(

My boss has told them that I won't be there in the afternoon so we need to get through as much as we can in the morning. He also told them why AND he's thinking of inviting them up to the range as well.

I told him that was a great idea and to see what he can organise :)

Yep, I like this job (well, some parts of it anyway).

2 comments:

Laura said...

now THAT'S pretty stinkin' cool. :)

Old NFO said...

LOL- Good for you, stick to your 'guns' (metaphorically speaking) of course :-)