Sunday, October 3, 2010

Going Pink for a Cause

Blogger Epijunky has issued a challenge for bloggers to change their blogs to pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I have, fortunately, neither been affected by breast cancer directly or indirectly, however 1,000s have. So I have decided to take up the challenge, and I challenge my readers to do the same.

According to Epi, "The five year survival rate for those diagnosed in an early stage is 97%"

She further goes on to point out the things you need to do:

It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Do a self breast exam every month.

2. Be sure that your doctor is doing an exam once a year.

3. Mammography. Sure, it’s not pleasant, but neither is stage IV cancer.


I suggest heading over to Epi's site and having a read of her post and if you are willing to take up the challenge to to help raise awareness of the need for early detection and prevention of this disease.

No comments: